By contributing writer Andrea Green
Have you ever been asked the question, “What’s for dinner?” and not had the answer? This recipe for homemade spicy dry rub for chicken has saved me from dinnertime panic on many occasions.
This dry rub is made from spices you probably already have in your cupboard and only takes a few minutes to mix up. Once you’ve combined the spices, store your rub in a small mason jar, and you can whip up dinner in a snap!
You can use it on any chicken pieces you have: drumsticks, thighs, or breasts. Skinless or skin on. Boneless or bone in. All you need to do is rub it on. Then choose your preferred cooking method to cook the chicken. I usually broil or grill it.
If you have a family of young kids, you may want to play around with the amount of ground red pepper you include.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until well mixed.
- Store closed in a small mason jar until ready to use.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe–it makes excellent homemade Christmas gifts!
You might also like…