After years of thinking about making hummus I finally decided to make it last night. I cannot believe how easy it was to make and how much my kids LOVED it. Honestly, if I would have known it was that easy I would have been making it for years.
Serve hummus with toasted pita bread, tortilla chips, or veggies. Or try making your own pitas with this easy bread machine pita recipe!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers (I used ones from a jar)
- Blend sesame seeds in the blender or food processor.
- Drain the garbanzo beans and add to the blender. Blend together.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, and roasted red peppers. Blend until mixture is smooth.