By contributing writer Tessa
Easy to throw together and totally delicious, your kids don’t need to know that these no-bake paleo brownies are good for them! They are a quick solution for any snack time, and we sometimes double the frosting for an extra treat.
- 3 cups toasted pecans (or almonds or walnuts or a mix of any of those 3)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces soft Medjool dates, pitted
- This makes a thin amount, double for more frosting goodness!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons any milk
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the nuts, cocoa powder, and sea salt until they are flour-like. Not too long, or it will turn into nut butter!
- Add in pitted dates and vanilla and process until dates are fully incorporated and no large pieces remain.
- Press into an 8 x 8 inch pan lined with waxed paper for easy removal.
- Prepare the frosting by gently melting all ingredients together. I usually use a microwave, about 60-90 seconds, then stir until everything fully melts. Only add time if it needs it! Heat chocolate too hot, and it will 'seize' and turn stiff. Warming gently on the stove also works.
You might also like…
- No-Bake Paleo Key Lime Pie
- Paleo Raspberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
- Double Chocolate No-Bake Cookie Bars
- No-Bake Cookies
- More recipes from Tessa