By contributing writer Tessa
We have loved jalapeño poppers in our household for years! They make a great appetizer or a fun football snack. Everyone always loves these – it’s just an added bonus they are free of gluten and all grains!
There is a lot of room for creativity with this recipe. I have shared our most frequently used recipe, but if your family is not huge on spice, then make this a bubbly hot dip to be served with fresh vegetables, crackers, or bread chunks! The bacon can be wrapped around the poppers or cooked and chopped and then mixed into the cheese filling.
And if you are dairy free, I have even made these with a cashew cream cheese and Daiya cheese shreds!
However you make them, enjoy some popper amazingness!
- 12 jalapeños, seeded and halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces cream cheese (low fat is fine, not fat free)
- 4 ounces grated sharp flavored cheese (play with the varieties)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 12 thin slices favorite bacon, cut in half lengthwise*
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer, mix the cream cheese, cheese, jalapenos, and garlic until well blended.
- Take approximately 2 teaspoons of filling and stuff the jalapeno halves.
- If you are wrapping the bacon, take a half strip and wrap around each pepper. I often do not need the whole slice and will tear off the extra to use on the next.
- Place poppers on a cookie sheet and bake for about 25 minutes until bacon is crispy.
You might also like…