The following is a post from contributing writer SnoWhite.
Tossing veggies in a grill basket makes for a whole new set of flavors in your stir fry! Use whatever veggies you have on hand – a great clean-out-the-fridge summer meal.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into thick coins
- 8 stalks asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 sweet onion, sliced and separated
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing (we used Kraft)
- Pre-heat your grill to medium heat.
- Begin by preparing the veggies. If you use frozen, thaw first.
- Toss the veggies with olive oil.
- Place the veggies in a grill basket or onto foil designed to set on your grill grates.
- Set the veggies on the grill.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning the veggies frequently until crisp tender.
- Warm the 1/4 cup salad dressing on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Remove the veggies from the grill and toss with dressing.
- Serve atop cooked brown rice.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.