My husband loves asparagus, but I wasn’t sure how much he would love grilled asparagus. I did a little research and found that grilled asparagus is loved by many so I decided to give it a try.
Remember asparagus is one of the vegetables that has the least amount of pesticide found in the non organic variety to it’s a great vegetable to add to your diet!
Recipe: Grilled Asparagus
- Asparagus (approx 12 spears)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teas salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Trim the asparagus and place in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl mix together oil, vinegar, and minced garlic.
- Pour over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the asparagus.
- Allow asparagus to marinate for about an hour.
- Skewer the asparagus. (Make sure you put the skewer through the thick parts of the asparagus). This got messy so I did it over a cookie sheet.
- Place skewered asparagus on the top rack of the grill over med-high heat.
- Grill for 3 minutes, then flip and grill another 3 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes plus an hour for marinating
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4
My husband declared this the best asparagus he has ever eaten. It was very simple to prepare and a great way to add a vegetable to your meal without heating up the stove! Pair grilled asparagus with grilled salmon and you have a delicious, healthy meal.