The following is a post from contributing writer SnoWhite.
Cooking more meals from scratch is easy when you use your crockpot! When the recipe is also healthy, it’s a double win. If you’ve never cooked with wild rice before, give it a go. I think you’ll like the nutty-rich flavor.
- 6-8 chicken legs
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly grease your crockpot.
- Place the rice (wild and brown) in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Layer the chicken legs over the top.
- Season with parsley, onion, salt and pepper.
- Carefully pour in 4 cups chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until rice is tender and chicken is cooked to 180 degrees.
- Serve over rice.