by contributing writer SnoWhite
This crock pot chicken and potatoes dinner is hearty and filling. It’s easy to prepare in the morning, which makes dinner time a breeze.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 medium bell peppers (green and red)
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 recipe cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits (optional)
- Lightly spray your crockpot with olive oil.
- Dice up the bell peppers into 1-inch pieces, and place them on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Dice up the onion and place that over the peppers.
- Thinly slice potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds. Layer over the peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper and paprika.
- Layer the chicken breasts on top.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour over the prepared cream of chicken soup.
- Cover, and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours until chicken reaches 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle cheese and bacon bits over the top before serving.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.