A few weeks ago I had a bread machine fail. The loaf fell during baking and was pretty doughy in the middle. I didn’t get many takers at dinner so I hopped on Facebook to ask what to do with my doughy loaf.
You all had many great suggestions, but since I was craving a sweet treat I went with the cinnamon sugar option.
- 1 loaf of bread cut into bite size pieces
- Cut bread into bite-sized squares.
- In a frying pan melt butter on medium heat.
- When the butter is melted put bread in the pan and cook until the bread is golden brown.
- Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- During the last minute of cooking sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the bread and toss in the pan.
This would work with any loaf of bread, but it is a great way to use up a sunken loaf that no one wants to eat!