The following recipe is from a good friend of mine. She also happens to be an excellent photographer. If you have a chance stop by her site and look at her wonderful photos.
We had this bean salad as a side dish, but I took home leftovers and ate it wrapped in a tortilla. It was awesome!
15 oz cans of the following
- Black Eye Peas
- Kidney Beans
- Black Beans
- White Beans
Drain all the beans and put them in a bowl
For every can of beans add:
- 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt (or just regular salt)
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper (or just regular pepper)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed
- 1 tbsp flax seed
Add according to your taste:
- chopped green onions
- red vinegar
- olive oil
- peanuts (optional)
Mix together and serve. This tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge, so I would recommend making it the day before you want to serve it. This is a healthy and inexpensive salad that even my kids ate and enjoyed!
Don’t forget to stop by Jessie Leigh’s blog from more super salads served up in the Bloggy Progressive Dinner. There are great giveaways and a recipe link up each day.
- 12/15 Joy serves drinks at Five J’s
- 12/16 Kate serves appetizers at A Simple Walk
- 12/17 JessieLeigh serves salad at Parenting the Tiniest of Miracles
- 12/18 Any’s serves the main course at The Finer Things in Life
- 12/19 I’m serving dessert at The Happy Housewife