As I mentioned in a previous picky eater post, I am not a fan of mushrooms. I can eat them, but when given the choice I prefer to skip the fungus and move on.
My husband loves Beef Stroganoff, so I finally found a recipe that tastes pretty good without the mushrooms.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 pounds sirloin tip, cut into thin slices (I use top round cut into thin strips)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (do not use fat free)
- Slice steak into thin strips, and chop onion.
- Melt butter in skillet (or wok).
- Add beef and cook until brown.
- About 3 minutes after starting the beef add onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. (I added too much butter, you should not have this much liquid in your pan.)
- When the beef is browned turn down the heat and add sour cream.
- Do not let the sour cream boil, just heat through and serve over noodles.
If you want mushrooms in your recipe, then add sliced mushrooms when you add the onion.