By contributing writer Tessa
Bread without grains? Seems unlikely, but this Paleo Sweet Almond Bread really satisfies any carb or bread craving you may have if you ever cut grains from your diet! Even if you CAN eat grains, this simple quick bread is delicious in its own right and worthy of a slather of butter and homemade jam!
This bread toasts beautifully, and the almond flour is subtly sweet all by itself. If you prefer things even more sweet, another tablespoon or two of honey will do the trick! I have also grilled this up as a toasted cheese sandwich – yum!
Whatever you decide to do with it, bake a loaf today. You won’t be sorry!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup flax meal (I used golden)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk of choice (I like to use at least half kefir, buttermilk, or yogurt)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted (palm shortening or butter would work too)
- 2 tablespoons honey or a few drops of stevia
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice ((helps with lift)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix the dry ingredients to incorporate.
- Mix in the wet ingredients and beat on high speed for 2 - 3 minutes to blend well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and bake for about 45
- - 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top is browning too much, place a piece of foil lightly over the top.
You might also like…