By contributing writer Kristia
Tomato season has arrived in my garden, and my favorite way to celebrate is by making homemade Tomato & Black Bean Salsa. But don’t limit this fresh salsa to tortilla chips. It also pairs well on top of grilled fish or chicken.
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, such as a jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup frozen corn, thawed or 1 ear cooked corn on the cob, cut corn off the cob
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Allow the tomatoes to drain in a colander while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Chill or eat immediately.
You might also like…
- Strawberry Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Stuffed Tomatoes
- Salsa Chicken
- Homemade Salsa
- Bean Salad
- More recipes from Kristia