By contributing writer Andrea Green
If you are looking for a sweet treat to pack in lunch boxes or serve as an after school snack, look no further. Homemade Apple Bars are chock full of apples tucked into a delightful cinnamon batter.
These blondies are quick to make. In fact, you can get fall flavor in a plate with minimal effort.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apple
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 7 x 11 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and egg for 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat another 30 seconds.
- Carefully stir in chopped apple.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. It will be thick. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
You might also like…
- Carrot Applesauce Snack Cake
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- Apple Butter Stuffed French Toast
- Breakfast Bars
- Gluten-Free Cereal Bars
- More recipes from Andrea