My kids love to help in the kitchen. I love finding recipes that they can help with and that they’ll love to eat. These breakfast bites make a great quick breakfast or afternoon snack.
Almond Oatmeal Breakfast Bites
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped whole peanuts or almonds
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- MIX almond butter, honey and vanilla in large bowl.
- Stir in oats, wheat germ, almonds, chocolate chips and cinnamon until evenly moistened.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Chill 10 minutes.
These breakfast bites are so easy to make and my kids made them almost totally by themselves.
My girls found all the ingredients needed for the recipe.
They helped measure and pour.
They mixed up the ingredients.
One thing I’ve realized over the past several years is that the more my kids help in the kitchen the more they want to eat what we make. Here are a few things kids can do in the kitchen to help.
- Measure ingredients.
- Pour ingredients.
- Mix batter.
- Spoon out dough.
- Lick the bowl!
You can find more ways to mix up mealtime when you visit the Jif website, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Jif wants to help you mix up mealtime with this great giveaway. One winner will receive:
- Notepad for jotting down notes to send your love and inspire your little ones when they open their lunch bags during the day
- 2 LeSnacksacs to send everyone off in the morning with their yummy creations in style
- A Family Recipe Book to personalize with all of the recipes your family loves to make
- $50 Visa Gift Card
To enter please share your tip for mixing up mealtime. Giveaway ends October 25, 2013.